Contact: Diane Saunders, 503-725-5714; Cell: 503-807-5539; firstname.lastname@example.org
Higher Ed Board to Meet at PSU Thursday and Friday
WHEN: The Oregon State Board of
Higher Education will hold its next regular meeting of the 2002-2003 academic year on Thursday and Friday, January
16 and 17 at Portland State University at Smith Memorial Student Union in Room 338 (Vanport Room):
WHAT: Topping the agenda for Thursday,
January 16 meetings are discussion of:
Board Work Session: 3:30
p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- System strategic directions for 2003-04, Board Work Plan and Committee assignments
- Preliminary draft of Chancellor's goals and objectives
- Board advocacy during 2003 legislative session
- 2003-04 OUS Enrollment Report
System Strategic Planning Committee:
6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- The Status of 2000-01 Bachelor's Degree Recipients: One Year Later
- Oregon Council for Knowledge and Economic Development Recommendation
- System Strategic Directions, Work Plan and committee assignments
Topping the agenda for Friday, January 17
meetings are discussion of:
Budget and Finance Committee:
8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Amendment to OAR 580-040-0040, Academic Fee Book 2002-03, Pertaining to Tuition
Surcharges (Temporary Rule)
- Initial review of Governor's Biennial budget recommendation
- System Strategic Directions, Work Plan, and committee assignments
Board Meeting: 10:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ratify actions taken in Committee meetings
- Action on correction to December 20, 2002 agenda item: Confirmation of Institutional
attendance will be (see www.ous.edu for name listings):
Oregon State Board of Higher Education members; Chancellor Richard Jarvis of Oregon University System; Presidents
of Oregon University System institutions; Vice Chancellors of Oregon University System
WHERE: Portland State University
is located in downtown Portland. For directions go to: www.pdx.edu/directions
All of the meetings are open to the public.
Copies of Board dockets, past meeting minutes and notices and other meeting reference materials are available at: